Many of us had to cancel our plans for 2020 as we hunkered down to watch what would happen. Working from home, wearing masks, and social distancing became the new normal as we learned to adjust to a year without travel.
Like you, we at EIT Oman are ready to get back to making travel memories that last for a lifetime. So what does that mean for your 2021 Oman trip?
Here is the most up-to-date travel information for Oman as of June 2021:
- The government is supposed to receive 6 million vaccines between now and the end of August, and has an aggressive plan to roll out the vaccines.
- Oman has reopened for tourism and has announced a new tourist visa policy exempting US citizens (and nationals from 102 other countries) from an entry visa and providing a 14-day visa on arrival, subject to presenting valid health insurance, a return ticket, and a hotel booking confirmation upon arrival. Tourists who exceed the permitted stay will face an overstaying penalty.
- To check the list of countries whose nationals are exempt from entry visa, you can visit this website.
- All travelers arriving to Oman currently must present a negative Covid test result on arrival, and quarantine for 7 days, followed by a Covid test on the 8th day. After receiving a negative result, tourists will be allowed to travel within the country.
- Here is an article from the Oman Airports website covering complete details of travel to Oman with up-to-date Covid-19 travel requirements.
Although there is still much uncertainty in the air, we are optimistic with vaccines starting to be administered around the world. We live in Oman, love this country and its people, and can’t wait to welcome you to experience it for yourself. We’re booking now, so let us know how we can help make this a reality for you in 2021 and beyond!
Information in this post is up-to-date at the time of publishing, and will be edited as new developments unfold. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any further questions.
Wishing you a new year of happy (and healthy) travels,
The EIT Oman Team